Yoga continues to be an unregulated industry, and this is a major concern for the future of yoga. That's why the yoga industry is calling for accredited trainers to #ExperienceYoga
But what does this mean, exactly?
Well, the popularity of yoga is growing rapidly. There are new courses popping up left and right, claiming to provide all the knowledge and skills needed to become a teacher. There are even online courses available that will make someone a ‘qualified’ teacher, but how can this be when they haven’t had any hands on experience with other bodies?
This essentially means that anyone can become a yoga teacher and can start offering their own Teacher Training Course.
That's why it's so critical, now more than ever. We are looking to accredited trainers, who are of the highest quality, to help protect what they've built and spread the message of maintaining high standards in yoga.
You've earned the experience, and now is the time to showcase it. We've created several resources that you, as an accredited trainer, can use to Experience the Difference with your potential and current students.
Educating on the Importance of Standards
We share your vision for maintaining high standards in yoga, and it has always been the foundation of our organisation.
Since we're not-for-profit, we don't have to answer to any shareholders or worry about profit margins. We only have to answer to the teachers and trainers who are part of our network.
And we don't believe in granting membership to just anyone. It's only open to an elite group of trainers and teachers who meet our standards — which are the highest in the industry.
To elevate this mission of maintaining high standards in yoga, we've been working over the last year to develop educational materials that promote these values and more:
- In the Yoga Standards Center, you'll find lots of articles and information about why standards in yoga are so important, which can be easily shared with your current and potential students.
- Also, Educational Webinars help to instill these values early on for yoga practitioners looking to turn their passion into their profession.
- And soon, a new Social Media Campaign will be launched to educate the public on the importance and safety values of working with a highly trained yoga professional.
NEW! Accredited Certificates & Badges
There's a new way to promote your accredited yoga courses and further training opportunities.
Through YAP Certificates, accredited trainers will now have a way to provide their students with an internationally recognised certification for their training courses and further training opportunities. By sharing their completed course certificates with us, your graduates will receive a custom YAP certificate that will recognise they have trained with the best.
Also, further education and training continues to be an important element in advancing a teacher's yoga career. To help showcase your graduates' experience, while also promoting your further training courses, we're introducing Badges and Custom Badges for member profiles.
As a graduate from a vocational course or further training course (such as pregnancy or sports yoga), teachers will receive a badge that will link back to your course details (so long as both you and the course are accredited with us). Plus, every one of your graduates will also receive a Foundation Badge, which will link back to your trainer profile and course details.
Accredited trainers also receive their own newly re-designed membership stamp that showcases their level of experience.
Be a Subject Matter Expert for Your Students
Teachers and practitioners have been requesting more high-quality content on various yoga topics, such as classroom techniques and unique yoga applications, case studies and interviews, and more.
In response to this, we've developed TONS of new yoga resources that you can pass on to your students. You can serve as a helpful advocate and subject matter expert to your students by sharing these resources with them:
- The Trainee Hub: If you only share one resource with your students, this should be it! The new Trainee Hub is a one-stop-shop for everything your students need to be successful during their training course.
- The Yoga Blog: Packed with lots of helpful articles for you and your students.
- Standards in Yoga Resources: Share these with your students to emphasise the importance of training with an accredited trainer like you.
- Amrita Magazine: Your trainee students can apply to receive a free downloadable copy of Amrita Magazine, which is filled with insightful articles on topics like yoga therapy, personal teacher interviews and opinions, and much more.
- Educational Webinars: Help a yoga practitioner that is thinking about pursuing a teaching career make their decision.
Our core values revolve around quality, raising the standards of teaching yoga, and helping to get yoga teaching recognised as a valuable profession. We always welcome your feedback on how we're doing and how we might be able to better serve your needs as a trainer. Feel free to contact us any time by email or by phone.